The Cockrell Hill Volunteer Fire Department is currently accepting donations to assist in the purchase of new equipment and to continue to pay for the new Booster aquired by a grant from the Texas Forest Service. The grant paid for 90% of the total cost of the Booster and left the Department the remaining 10%. Currently the Department owes $45,000.00 and is making payments of $5,000.00 every six months. These payments are funded by donations to the Department and not by the City of Cockrell Hill. The Cockrell Hill Volunteer Fire Department is a 501 C 3 non-profit organization. Any donation to the Cockrell Hill Volunteer Fire Department is completely tax deductable. Please feel free to contact the Department if you have any questions or would like to make a donation to support the Department.